Everest Re Group, Ltd. (NYSE: RE) announced the continued expansion of the Everest Insurance® Financial Lines division of Everest Specialty Underwriters (ESU) with the formation of its Private Company/Not-For-Profit unit (the "Private Company").
U.S. Headquarters 477 Martinsville Road Liberty Corner, NJ 07938-0830, US
CONTACT Dane Lopes Chief Commercial Officer (203) 388-3977
NEW YORK, New York – February 20, 2018 – Everest Re Group, Ltd. (NYSE: RE) announced the continued expansion of the Everest Insurance® Financial Lines division of Everest Specialty Underwriters (ESU) with the formation of its Private Company/Not-For-Profit unit (the "Private Company"). The Private Company team, led by Salvatore Collura, is comprised of seasoned professionals who take a sophisticated approach to designing creative insurance solutions to protect companies and management from shareholder disputes and employment-related issues to cyber threats.
- Michael Truehart has been appointed Vice President and head of the east region for the Private Company/Not-for-Profit Management Liability team reporting to Salvatore Collura. Mike joins Everest from Transatlantic Reinsurance Company where he was an Assistant Vice President responsible for Facultative Underwriting across Professional Lines. Prior to his role at Transatlantic, Mike had over 10 years of management liability underwriting experience with CNA Insurance, where he served as Zone Leader in the Northeast, and ACE Limited in the Private Company group. Mike received his undergraduate degree from Temple University.
- Nicholas Isler joined Everest in October of 2015 as a Director, bringing with him 12 years of extensive experience underwriting financial lines. Prior to joining Everest, Nick was responsible for managing multiple regions across the country with both Arch Insurance Group and The Hartford. Nick will be responsible for the Private Company/Not-for-Profit product suite and will be reporting to Salvatore Collura. Nick is a graduate of Miami University (OH).
- Micah Maravankin joined Everest in September 2017 from Chubb Limited, where he managed broker relationships on both U.S. coasts and the Mid-Atlantic region for their Private Company/Not-For-Profit team. Micah has been in the industry for over 8 years, having spent the earlier part of his career with ACE Limited. Micah has been named New York regional manager, responsible for overseeing the NY underwriting team and underwriting large complex accounts. He will be reporting to Michael Truehart. Micah received his undergraduate degree from Brandeis University.
- Justine Garvey has been appointed Executive Underwriter with responsibility for underwriting various types of insureds and working with brokers in New York and San Francisco. Previously, Justine spent 5 years at Chubb Limited as a Senior Underwriter in the Private Company/Not-For-Profit Financial Lines division servicing the east coast. Justine has been in the industry for over 10 years, having started as an intern at Arch Insurance Group in San Francisco. After graduating from Santa Clara University, she moved to New York to join the IronPro team at Ironshore where she primarily managed broker relationships on the West Coast and in New York City. Justine will be reporting to Micah Maravankin.
- Jonathan Tam joined Everest in July 2015 as an underwriting assistant in Property and Casualty Lines. In June 2017, he joined the Private Company/Not-For-Profit division as an associate underwriter. Jonathan will be responsible for underwriting various types of insureds and working with east coast brokers. He will be reporting to Micah Maravankin. Jonathan is a graduate of Villanova University.
Sal Collura, who joined Everest Insurance® in November of 2017 was tasked with building out this new unit. Everest is pleased to announce multiple key hires joining Sal Collura’s Private Company/Not-for-Profit management liability unit at Everest Specialty Underwriters;
"Everest is committed to growing its presence in Financial Lines, specifically in the Private Company/Not-For-Profit space. The deep technical knowledge of our team members, together with their collaborative work style and focus on service, sets us apart from our competitors," commented Salvatore Collura. "We are committed to providing creative and innovative product solutions and exceptional service to our customers and trading partners."
Everest Re Group, Ltd. is a Bermuda holding company that operates through the following subsidiaries: Everest Reinsurance Company provides reinsurance to property and casualty insurers in both the U.S. and international markets. Everest Reinsurance (Bermuda), Ltd., including through its branch in the United Kingdom, provides reinsurance and insurance to worldwide property and casualty markets and reinsurance to life insurers. Everest Reinsurance Company (Ireland), dac. provides reinsurance to non-life insurers in Europe. Everest Insurance® refers to the primary insurance operations of Everest Re Group, Ltd., and its affiliated companies which offer property, casualty and specialty lines insurance on both an admitted and non-admitted basis in the U.S. and internationally. The Company also operates within the Lloyd's insurance market through Syndicate 2786. In addition, through Mt. Logan Re, Ltd., the Company manages segregated accounts, capitalized by the Company and third party investors that provide reinsurance for property catastrophe risks. Additional information on Everest Re Group companies can be found at the Group’s web site at www.everestre.com.