New York, NY (June 3, 2016) – Everest Specialty Casualty, a unit of Everest Insurance™, is pleased to announce several key staffing appointments within their Excess Casualty Group. Everest Insurance™ Excess Casualty is committed to the retail and wholesale distribution of umbrella and excess liability programs, on a standalone basis, and will support a wide variety of business sizes, including small, middle-market and national account risks.
In making the announcement Connie Germano, Head of Everest Specialty Casualty, commented “We are pleased to formally announce the launch of our expanded Excess Casualty capabilities. Backed by an experienced team of dedicated, disciplined, and thoughtful underwriters we will bring the significant strength and resources of Everest to the market to serve customers in need of committed umbrella and excess capacity. We are thrilled to have attracted so many talented individuals to the growing Everest Insurance™ team.”
Joining the Everest Insurance™ Excess Casualty Group are:
- Donna K. Pruett has joined Everest Insurance™ as Vice President and National Excess Casualty Leader based in the company’s New York City office. Most recently, Donna was a Vice President with Aspen Insurance, Los Angeles, and was responsible for establishing the Western region umbrella and excess liability capabilities. Prior to her role at Aspen, Donna held management positions with AIG, Atlantic Mutual and Home Insurance and worked in Chicago, New York and San Francisco. Donna’s breadth of experience encompasses primary and excess casualty and worker’s compensation underwriting, with the last sixteen years in management of excess liability businesses.
- Bruce Griffin has joined Everest Insurance™ as Vice President and Director of Underwriting for Excess Casualty. Bruce joined from Liberty International Underwriters where he was responsible for building out Liberty’s casualty offering for the West Coast regional office. Bruce has more than 20 years of experience in the excess casualty space including leadership roles in London, New York, San Francisco and Los Angeles as well as broking roles with Marsh and AON. Bruce is based in New York.
- John Kopach has joined Everest Insurance™ as Vice President of Excess Casualty based in the company’s Atlanta office. John will focus on building out the excess casualty business in the Eastern region. John joins from Swiss Re Corporate Solutions where he held increasingly responsible roles, most recently leading the regional expansion of Swiss Re’s excess casualty production plan out of Atlanta. John began his career with AIG and moved up to the Regional Manager position in New York. After leaving AIG, John joined XL Capital where he was a casualty treaty underwriter before moving to Swiss Re. John’s expertise in building productive teams, as well as his prior experience in the New York area, will bring support to the excess casualty build out.
Additionally, joining the Everest Insurance™ Excess Casualty Group are:
- Bob Kunz has rejoined Everest Insurance™ from Starr Companies. Bob serves as a Director of Excess Casualty based in the company’s Chicago office.
- Jake Sokol has joined Everest Insurance™ from Swiss Re Corporate Solutions. Jake serves as Vice President of the Northeast Region and is based in the company’s New York City office.
- Ron Milin has joined Everest Insurance™ from Tokio Marine Specialty E&S. Ron serves as Director of Excess Casualty in the company’s New York City office.
- Tiffani Garabedian has joined Everest Insurance™ from XL Catlin. Tiffani serves as a Director of Excess Casualty and is based in the company’s New York City office.
Everest Re Group, Ltd. is a Bermuda holding company that operates through the following subsidiaries: Everest Reinsurance Company provides reinsurance to property and casualty insurers in both the U.S. and international markets. Everest Reinsurance (Bermuda), Ltd., including through its branch in the United Kingdom, provides reinsurance and insurance to worldwide property and casualty markets and reinsurance to life insurers. Everest Reinsurance Company (Ireland), Limited provides reinsurance to non-life insurers in Europe. Everest National Insurance Company and Everest Security Insurance Company provide property and casualty insurance to policyholders in the U.S. Everest Indemnity Insurance Company offers excess and surplus lines insurance in the U.S. Everest Insurance Company of Canada provides property and casualty insurance to policyholders in Canada. The Company also operates within the Lloyd's insurance market through Syndicate 2786. In addition, through Mt. Logan Re, Ltd., the Company manages segregated accounts, capitalized by the Company and third party investors, that provide reinsurance for property catastrophe risks. Additional information on Everest Re Group companies can be found at the Group’s web site at www.everestregroup.com.