Environmental, Social, & Corporate Governance Factors
- Greenhouse gas emissions
- Fossil fuel dependence
- Climate change
- Working conditions
- Human rights
- Director independence
- Shareholder rights
Principles of Responsible Investment
As a demonstration of our commitment to responsible investment, in 2019 Everest became a signatory to the United Nations’ supported Principles for Responsible Investment (“UN-PRI”).
The UN-PRI is the world’s leading proponent of responsible investment, with over 2,300 signatories representing more than U.S. $82 trillion in AUM. The UN-PRI defines responsible investment as a strategy and practice to incorporate ESG factors into investment decisions and active ownership.
We are also determined to do business with other companies which share our commitment to these Principles. We are proud that approximately 79% of our total assets are managed by other UN-PRI signatories. This includes approximately 94% of our fixed-income assets.
- We will incorporate ESG issues into investment analysis & decision-making processes
- We will be active owners and incorporate ESG issues into our ownership policies & practices
- We will seek appropriate disclosure on ESG issues by the entities in which we invest
- We will promote acceptance and implementation of the Principles within the investment industry
- We will work together to enhance our effectiveness in implementing the Principles
- We will each report on our activities and progress towards implementing the Principles